The production manager role is pivotal in leading, managing and coaching the production team whilst working closely with the project teams, support and sales to ensure delivery of hardware to customers and our partners in a timely manner and to world class quality standards. The role holder is responsible for evolving, improving & implementing best practice standards of delivery and execution in stock control and manufacturing.
The Production manager will lead on building a professional, accountable and responsive team to support both internal and external customers.
- Production team members
- Help desk Team
- Projects Team
- Senior Management Team
- Account Management Team
- Management Team
- Deliver production targets; volume / yield / waste reduction.
- Manage within budgetary cost constraints, notably; overtime, materials etc.
- Ensure that all materials and equipment are available when required; i.e. packaging materials / additives / PPE etc.
- Monitor materials and resources to ensure their efficient use
- Investigate any accidents, injuries or near misses within 24 hours and communicate to all relevant parties.
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures are followed and adhered to at all times.
- Provide Production leadership for the company in support of all manufacturing services
- Act as our production ambassador with both internal and external customers
- Implementing systems to develop and improve processes in the Production Department
- Management of relationships with key internal customers of the department
- To consistently and independently assess staff against implicit or explicitly expressed standards, procedures or legislation on quality, health, safety and environmental
- Maintain staff by recruiting, coordinating and training employees, maintaining a safe, secure and legal work environment.
- Monitoring performance of individuals and helping to manage their professional development.
- Ensure regular communication with staff to advise them of business changes and other key information
- Creating business cases for additional heads, new equipment and systems within production to improve revenue and productivity
- Continual review of processes and procedures within engineering to drive efficiencies and customer experience
- Management of all aspects of the engineering vehicle fleet and tools to ensure they are of a suitable age and specification to meet business needs and allow staff to efficiently and safely perform their duties
- Highlight and address issues within the department working with leadership, peers and department leads where required
- Definition of and delivery to KPIs for the team to drive revenue, quality and customer experience
Skills and experience
- Solid technical background with good understanding and/or hands-on experience of production and stock environments
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Management of suppliers and third party outsourced partners
- Customer demand management
- Proven history of delivering efficiencies and increased throughput within production environments
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills (both written and verbal)
- An awareness and understanding of current health and safety procedures for working in the UK, Canada, and Australia is essential
- Good relationship builder, great attention to detail, diligent and can see ‘the bigger picture’, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- The ability to produce clear, thorough and comprehensive documentation for training or support purposes
- The ability to motivate and achieve maximum productivity from the engineering team
Adhere to the following standards and guidelines:
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management
- ISO 27001 – Information Security
- Health and Safety Guidelines (ISO 18001)
- The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)